- What is Mold Spores?
- Symptoms of Mold Allergy
- Do Air Purifiers Help With Mold?
- Remove Mold from Your Indoor Air
- Need to Know Tips : How To Get Rid Of Mold Spores In The Air
- What is the Best Air Purifier for Mold
- Self Consciousness Can Bring Better Result
- Final Note
As you know mold spores can be found anywhere in our environment. These mold spores are very much harmful to our health. So, what to do? You need to get the way out to get rid of mold spores in the air. Well, it can be found in both the outdoor and indoor environment. Those who have an allergy to mold spores can understand the necessity to clean mold.
However, it's very important to clean mold in the air as it is harmful to your lungs, eye, and skin. So, what's the way to clean mold spores and what exactly mold spores do to your body? In this context, I will explain every little thing about mold spores and the ways how to get rid of Mold spores in the air. Let's dig into the content to explore more.
What is Mold Spores?
Due to high moisture in the air, you may have noticed that some black spots on your wall, shower head, and some fuzzy white circles on your basement floor. It happens when mold spores get birth and they just increase in numbers. On some old wall, you will see the dark coating of mold. Generally, for high moisture and water presence causes mold spores.
So, what mold is? Wikipedia says- “Mold is a fungus which grows in multi-cellular filaments.” This is a fungus that consists of small organisms. It is found almost everywhere in our environment. The mold color may be white, black, purple, green, or orange. You will be shocked when you will know that lightweight spores can travel through the air. In Outdoors, mold spores play a vital. They break down dead leaves, plants, and trees and this causes soil fertile.
However, mold spores are allergenic to most of people. So, it should be removed from the residences and air.
Symptoms of Mold Allergy
I have mentioned earlier that the people who are sensitive to mold spores can face serious problems. Those who have mold allergy should stay away from mold always. As lightweight mold spores can travel through the air it also injurious for our lungs. Mold spore can show its effect to –
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says-“Those who have asthma may be more sensitive to mold.” The symptoms are injurious to health and you should know that mold can grow very fast and they can travel through the air. Now, let's see the symptoms of mold allergy-
- Eye itching
- Dry skin
- Skin infection
- Nose and throat itching
If you have these symptoms then stay away from the moldy areas. It causes serious itching problem and other problem in your body. Don’t try to live with mold by adjusting.
Do Air Purifiers Help With Mold?
We all want to know that do air purifiers help with mold or not? Well, some air purifiers come with the configuration to reduce mold in air. Before going with the answers you should know that mold can be found anywhere. So, you need to get the way out to clean spores. Here comes the question- Do air purifiers help with mold spores?
Well, the answer is yes. The air purifier is the weapon that can kill the molds and can give you a mold-free air to breathe. Air purifiers with HEPA filter can do that job for you. HEPA means – High-Efficiency Particulate Air. My suggestion to you will be to buy an Air Purifier with the configuration of HEPA.
HEPA filters are certified to remove nearly 100% microscopic elements. As you know some mold spores are very light-weighted and they are nearly 10-30 microns in size. So, HEPA filters can easily remove the molds out of the air.
A powerful air purifier can capture all the floating molds in the air. You can also use the vacuum cleaner with HEPA configuration to clean the basement. There is another configuration to remove mold. You can get an air purifier with de-humidifier function. It can help you to control indoor humidity and keep your indoor environment fresh.
Remove Mold from Your Indoor Air
Your searches for mold removing methods are over now. It’s a mandatory task when mold are getting birth in high numbers. For removing mold spores from your indoor air, you may follow some method which will be more beneficial. Now I am going to discuss the methods.
Need to Know Tips : How To Get Rid Of Mold Spores In The Air
There are three method of removed mold sores in the air . I have outlined them here.
METHOD #1- Purifying the Air from Your Home
1. Use mold remover for visible spores: you know that there are invisible ad visible mold spores. In a visible mold, spore causes skin allergies. For eliminating these invisible mold spores, you need to reduce the visible mold spores also. Otherwise, the air of your home will be full of mold spores that you could not see.
- First, you need to identify the visible mold. They look like fuzzy stains different in colors like black, green or white.
- Then you have to apply mold remover to kill mold to the visible mold.
2. Purifying the air of you home using purifiers: If your room is full of air mold spores, or you have allergies then it will be best if you pace air purifiers in each room of your house. For achieving the best output from purifiers buying the best one is the only option.
- I will suggest you the best purifiers in this article. You may follow that suggestion or you can a quality purifier from other’s advice.
- But make sure HEPA must be included in purifiers as it captures more than 99% of mold spores.
3. Set up filters on AC and Windows: installing filters on AC units and windows will reduce mold spores that come from the outside of the house.
- Need to make sure clean and dry drains of air conditioners drip pans.
- You need to open the windows for passing air from your house. Make sure filter on windows otherwise mold spores will enter your house.
METHOD #2- Identifying the Problem Areas of Your Home
1. Maintaining a dry basement, kitchen, and bathroom: Damp spaces of your house are the place where the mold growth faster than other spaces. Check and double-check these areas and keep the wet spots dry as much as possible.
- Make sure there are no leaks in pipes and as mold can grow moist area within 24 to 48 hours.
- Keep clean your kitchen refrigerator drip pans.
- You can find mold on bedding, clothes and old papers in those rooms.
2. Uninstall the carpet in the basement: Basement is one of the dampest places of your house. Where molds growth rate is higher. As we know carpet holds more moisture, then if we keep the carpeting in the basement, the mold growth rate will be higher. So, uninstall the carpet from your basement and use linoleum or concrete floor only.
METHOD #3 - Reducing Moisture of Your House
1. Using dehumidifiers to keep indoor dry: Mold grows faster in humid environments. So, by eliminating excess moisture in your house you can get rid of the problem.
- Use dehumidifiers in moist places to prevent mold growth.
- You may use a central dehumidifier that will be connected with the central air system.
- Set dehumidifiers at 50% or lower humidity, anything higher than 50% will encourage mold growth.
2. The dry-wet area quickly:
- As mold get birth in wet places, you should not leave wet clothes in the washing machine and other places.
- Keep dry bathroom after taking a shower.
What is the Best Air Purifier for Mold
You will find here the best air purifier for mold. Check it out.
This air purifier has true HEPA filtration for reducing those mold spores as well as a carbon filter which is used for neutralizing bad odor. This GermGurdian includes a UV-C light that removes the germs including viruses in the air. The company has assured that UV-C lamps do not produce Ozone.
This air filter has a small shape. It is very compact and well designed which will be enough to fit in the corner of a large apartment's living room, bedroom, and dining room. True HEPA filtration and carbon filter make air germ and musty odor-free.
This air purifier has a rectangular shape which has antimicrobial treatment. Antimicrobial captures mold spores and neutralized musty odor and kills the spores and stopped from multiplying them.
With the help of a led indicator, the Winix 5300-2 will display the indoor quality of air in the room. If the air quality changes the fan will automatically detect the air and fan will adjust the speed automatically. This will capture 99.9% of the dust mites, pollen, airborne pollutants, etc. The advanced odor control system will minimize the household smell, pet's odor. In the final stage, PlasmaWave technology will operate at a molecular level breaking down chemical vapors, smoke, and other pollutants.
Secura 5 in 1 HEPA purifier has many features and clean almost 99.9% of dust, pollen, mold spores, and pet odor. It has pre-filter which works before the HEPA filter. It releases negative ions into the air with the help of ion generator and that helps to reduce bacteria and contaminants. Also, you will be able to adjust the various fan speed. The automatic timer will stop the work after 1,2 and 4 hours automatically. Sleep mode will allow sleeping soundly as it doesn't produce any sound.
Self Consciousness Can Bring Better Result
Well, self-consciousness can bring a better result. If you remain concern about your environment and home you will be able to control mold from there. As you know that mold causes mold allergies and they should be controlled by any mean. Have a quick look to get a clear knowledge about what to do-
- Bathroom cleaning regularly
- Kitchen cleaning
- Laundry cleaning
- Keep your bedroom neat and clean
- Reduce basement mold
To do that you should follow the methods that I described earlier and keep you free from the mold attack. You can also use those machines for a more applicable result.
Hope that you have understood how to get rid of mold spores in the air and the necessity to do so. I will recommend you to buy the suitable air purifier that can reduce the mold in the air. You have already seen that some air purifiers come with the ability to do so. Always stay safe and if you have allergy with mold then the mold should be reduced in any way.